14 Jul 2014

The Sunshine Award (again)


image above was made by Bethan

This is the second time I'll be doing the Sunshine award...thank you so much to Sarah from Sarah Plain & Average, and to Eve from Eve of Womanhood.
The rules:
-Thank the person who nominated you.
-Answer the questions the person who nominated you asked.
-Nominate a few other bloggers.
-Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you nominated.
-Notify the bloggers you nominated on their blog.
-Put the award button on your blog. (I'm gonna skip this last rule)

EVE'S QUESTIONS:

If you could live in a fictional land (like in a book or movie), which one would it be and why?
-Answer: OK, a lot of people use that question for their award question, and I'm always stubbed by it. So...I don't have an answer.
Favorite book?
-Answer: I'm afraid I can't choose between Divergent and The Hunger Games. In fact, there are so many wonderful novels/books (the literature world is big indeed) and I can't choose at all. I love them all...and let's not forget the Bible. It has so many captivating stories.
Do you believe in fairies? -says in Wendy's British acent- ;)
-Answer: This may disappoint a few, but no. Sorry, Tinker Bell.
What is your favorite food?
-Answer: All kinds! But I probably love chocolate, ice cream and pizza most. So very healthy, I know.
What time period do you think you would fit in most? Why?
-Answer: Right now, because pretty much, I love my life. (Most of the time.)
Biggest pet peeve?
-Answer: Washing dishes.
Are there any Fandoms that you're not crazy about?
-Answer: Yes, there is. Doctor Who is a fandom, I believe, and I am not crazy about it. And, let's see...some people say that they are in the fandom of Pride & Prejudice, which I am not, because I haven't read the books or watched the movies. Also, I'm not crazy about Lord of The Rings.
What is the weirdest dream you've ever had?
-Answer: (One) of the weirdest dreams I've had is weird because, even these days, I still wake up and think it's real even though I have only had it once. It goes like this...It was my fourth birthday party, and there was a huge ice cream cake. I couldn't finish my piece, so I put it in the freezer, for later. I woke up believing it. So I ran to the freezer to look for it, and it wasn't there. The problem was, it was so real.
I was four when I had that dream, and I still wake up thinking that it's real sometimes. And then it hits me. Don't laugh. About it having to come to me again every time, or about how strange and awkward I sound when I explain my dreams. Haha...
What is something you're going to miss about Summer?
-Answer: Well, where I live, it's Winter right now. But I can tell you what I am busy missing about Summer:
1. I can't swim anymore. The water is too cold...
2. The sunshine. It's a lot sunnier in Summer where I live - during Winter is rainy season.
3. The watermelon. I love watermelon.
4. The sound of the fan at night. (That sound lulls me to sleep, and we're not supposed to have it on in Winter)
5. Shorts. They are just so comfortable...
6. The holiday spirit because Christmas is just around the corner. (Yes, my Christmas is in Summer)

And, that is the end of the lovely Eve's questions. 

SARAH'S QUESTIONS:

What color are your eyes? What would your dream color be (if any)?
-Answer: Well...some people say that my eyes are green, and some say blue, but mostly grey. So, I have grey eyes. My dream color would probably be a deep, but quite dark, blue...like it says in the book Divergent by Victoria Roth, about Tobias's eyes: a dreaming, sleeping, waiting color.
How tall are you?
-Answer: Somewhere in the 5's. (Measuring in feet)
If you could be ONE fictional character, who would it be and why? (This applies to books and films)
-Answer: That's hard. I can't say.
Would you prefer a walk in the sunshine, or a stroll by the light of the moon?
-Answer: Me? I think I'd prefer a stroll by the light of the moon, but I do so enjoy sunny walks as well.
What would your dream profession be? (For example, if my life had taken a different path, I would have wished to become a professional ballerina.)
-Answer: To be honest, I love what I do. Don't have any other dream profession...but I'm finding new things out about myself all the time, so we'll see.
What is at the top of your To-Be-Read pile, or skyscraper?
-Answer: Hmm...there are a lot of books I'd like to read...but. I. Don't. Have. One. In. Particular. Can you believe that? I always have, and now I don't. Maybe Pride & Prejudice.
But please be a dear and suggest books to me in a comment below!
If you had a "pet" dragon, what color would he/she be? And what would his/her name be? Feel free to be creative.
-Answer: She would be blue, and I would call her Alaska. (The name Alaska from one of John Green's books "Looking For Alaska". I was inspired)
If you were to discover that you were the long-lost princess of a distant realm, what would be your first reaction?
-Answer: Disbelief.
What is your favorite book of the Bible? Favorite verse?
-Answer: Psalms has always been my favorite, because it's like poetry...nah, it is poetry. David was very artistic. I don't have a favorite verse. Maybe 'For God so loved the world' - that verse, because it's comforting to know that He sent Jesus for me. And everyone else. For everyone.
Do you have a dream car? If so, what is it?
-Answer: Definitely a cream colored mini cooper. I love those cars.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE PEOPLE I NOMINATE:

1. Do you believe in the phrase/saying: what doesn't break you makes you stronger?
2. Are you a chatty person? -Or- a quiet person who thinks a lot?
3. Do you like freckles, or not?
4. What food would you most like to eat right now? (You can choose anything, don't limit yourself to what is in the house.)
5. What song gets stuck in your head most?
6. Are you a collector, of anything?
7. Do you have a favorite actress? Who is she?
8. Are you left handed or right handed?
9. Tigers or lions?
10. Would you rather read a fictional novel or a historical novel?

THE PEOPLE I NOMINATE:

Lauren + from Pretty Things & Polka Dots
Jenny + from Artsy Peacock 
Madeline + from In The Wind
and
Cindy + from Eat. Sleep. Read. Fangirl.
Plus, the first person who comments: Ombre pancake.

26 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Pride and Prejudice is actually my favorite book. OH YEAH MR. DARCY.
    Thank you so much for tagging me, lovely. <3 I'm actually not doing awards right now; because I believe when I post them they're typically bland and 'eh'. Thank you so much for tagging me though, I appreciate it. :)
    This may be a random question.... but how many pet animals do you have? I follow you on Instagram and I love seeing all the animal. :) So I was just wondering...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should I read it? Because I'd love to. :)
      That's okay, just, whenever I think of awarding someone, I think of you, lol...
      Pet animals. Well, since we just sold 7 guinea pigs today, we only have 11 left. I also have one cockatiel and one dog...and, two of my sisters each have a cat. Plus we have one family fish. So, 11 guinea pigs, 1 bird, 1 dog, 2 cats, and 1 fish. Haha, a lot, I know. :D
      anyway. Wow, you follow me on Instagram? I just followed you back, dear, I never even realized! But thank you so much ♥♥♥ I am now probably your newest follower.

      Delete
    2. Yes! Read it and then we can talk over it if ya want. :D
      You make me smile so much. Thanks Tane.
      Oh my goodness! How in the world do all your animals get along? My family only has three {two parakeets and a dog} but the dog is thirsty for the parakeets' blood. :p
      I don't openly share my Instagram so most don't know I have it. ;) Thank you though! <3

      Delete
    3. Yes, okay, I will read it. :)
      And you make me smile as well...oh, and, don't forget how much you inspire me.
      I'm not sure how, but they do. My dog is totally fine with the guinea pigs and the bird, because she knows that they are part of the family, so we're just like, no Bella, and she's like: okay I love you so much what else can I do for you?
      Haha...

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for nominating me. I haven't done an award post for quite awhile, since I stopped, but I may just do this one. (: Ombre pancakes? Are those a thing? XD
    I suggest The Scorpio Races, by Maggie Stiefvater. It's a fantastic stand-alone fantasy, and I think you might like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure, dear! And, oh, haha...ombre pancakes...it just popped into my head, lol. If it isn't a think, I now make it a thing. :P
      Thank you so much for the suggestion, I will definitely look into it. (that's a promise)

      Delete
  3. So glad you did this, Tane! :]

    I LOVE Pride & Prejudice. Such a great, beautiful classic. In my opinion, a must read.
    What a great name for a dragon! I've never thought of using Alaska as a name. . . Love it!
    Wow. I know you've mentioned it's Winter where you are, but I still can't imagine it! I love Summer, but it's going by so fast. TT_TT

    Have a lovely week! :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thanks for awarding me!
      I will read it.
      Oh, and, thanks! Haha, it was actually John Green's idea to use it as a name, but I love it so much...
      I'm glad Winter is going quite fast for me, I'm missing Summer just a bit!
      You, too!

      Delete
  4. Oooh, I love your answers! Pride and Prejudice! I haven't read it (yet). I only watched the movie. (Yes, you can say, "Bad Morning!" for watching the movie before reading the book.) And ombre pancakes! I actually remember seeing them when I went to IHOP a couple of days ago! They're so pretty. And thank you for replying to the comment I made yesterday; it really cheered me up. \(^.^)/

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha, thanks! OK, bad morning. Lol, no, don't mean it! I've done that crime before!
      Wow, ombre pancakese...hehe, I've actually never seen ombre pancakes.
      It's my pleasure, it has just cheered me up to here that you were cheered up! Love ya!

      Delete
  5. So many fun and lovely answers, Tane! And you must read Pride + Prejudice soon! I have watched the movies and read the book *way* too many time:D. Hope you enjoy it! Lots of loive, Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great answers! I nominated you for the Sunshine Award!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! But given I've just done it, I don't think I'll be doing that...so sorry.

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for nominating me Tane! I usually don't do awards, but thanks anyway! And love reading your answers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure Cindy, and it's perfectly fine if you don't do it.

      Delete
  8. congrats, great post!!!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tagged you for the warm hugs tag :)

    http://blue-freckled-nargles.blogspot.com/2014/07/warm-hugs-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, Celia. But, I've done that tag...
      Anyho, I appreciate it.

      Delete
  10. Hi! The link below links to my entry for your writing challenge!
    http://reflectionsofajollygirl.blogspot.com/2014/07/my-entry-for-tanes-writing-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. "a dreaming, sleeping, waiting color."

    wow, i like that quote! and yes it would be awesome amazing to have eyes that color. as usually, lovely post xx.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much! I think I'll do that.

    ReplyDelete

hey there. I love getting comments on my blog... a lot. I want to know your thoughts, and receiving messages from my readers makes me really happy.
but please would you
be polite • be kind • use no bad words
♥♥♥
thank you