31 Jul 2014

{I Am} ~ Entry For Bethan's Challenge


{my pic}

The sand is warm between my toes, and I dig my feet in deeper, into the unbelievable softness of shells that have been crushed and ground up by the mighty sea. 
The ocean is blue, so blue...the white foam tumbles onto the shore and then slowly fades as it sinks back into the rolling waters.
The sun is shining, bright and hot. My back is heated from it's rays, and the warmth seeps into me, filling me. Now and then I try and look it in the face, but it is too bright, and instead I let it stare down at me, while I meekly look away.
 There are only a few clouds, white and puffy against the saturated, bold sky. They are beds for sky dolphins - or at least, in my imagination, they are.
A few kids kick around a soccer ball, racing, laughing, teasing. Others swim in the water, splashing at each other and screeching.
And I just sit. I sit on the white, shimmery sand and bury my feet in it.
But I am awake. I am alive. I am alert. I can hear everything, see everything, feel everything around me. My senses feel as though they are breathing, breathing in the world. I'm picking up everything that is going on around me...but I'm not.
I put a lock of hair behind my ear. I'm just a girl, a soul, a living thing, a human being.
And in one small moment,
everything is so simple.
I belong.
I'm alive.
I'm free.
I'm me.
My heart beats steady against my chest, as if it wants to be let out. I remember one of my favorite quotes; 'Hearts are wild creatures, that's why our ribs are cages.'
So it keeps on thumping.
The waves roar.
The sun burns.
The clouds drift.
The children play
I sit.
And just for a few minutes...
...all I do...
...is be.
I am.

~~~

{Quote credit to Clayton Steele}

So, what did you think of that? I'm entering it in Bethan's writing challenge.
Before I sign off, I have something to say...
I'm really sorry that I've barely been blogging, I've barely been answering comments, I've barely being designing blogs (to those on the waiting list, I am sorry, but I WILL get there, I will), and I've barely been alive in the blogging world.
Life gets hectically busy, and I freak out. I ask God all the time, 'How will I cope? How do I get it all done?'. But He has been so good, and He has guided me.
Anyway, hopefully, I'll be around a bit more often soon, people.
Thank you for reading. ♥

15 comments:

  1. This entry is amazing! I have done one here but mine is nowhere near as good as yours! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Paige! ♥ I'm going to read your entry before I agree with you. ;)

      Delete
  2. Aw, this is so beautiful, Tane. <3
    I'm so glad God has guided you through your busy times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing! I felt like I was there! You have such skill in writing. If you ever write a novel or book of poems, tell me and I'll be your first customer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Eve, that means so much! Thank you so much for the encouragement. I'll let you know. ;)

      Delete
  4. That is beautiful Tane & it describes the Ocean just as it is. If your friends are real or bloggers, you should not have to apologise, they must understand "life is busy for all" no matter how young or old you are. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Though I might not do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful entry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely girl! Wow, your words are just so amazing. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, Cindy, you flatter me! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  8. This is brilliant and evocative and beatiful. Wow, you are very talented. I pray that you will be able to manage your time well so that you don't feel that awful pressure that we all seem to struggle with - how can I get it all done? But I find that if I do seek first the kingdom - choose to spend time with Jesus in His presence and in His word, somehow everything else does flow from that and He helps me think more clearly and fit everything in that He has planned for me to do. God has created you extra-ordinary - may He help you with all you do - writing, blogging, designing, art, cooking - for His glory. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! Just wanted to tell you I changed my blog name! I did a blog post, but am thinking some people might not know...people wondered if i deleted it and no, i didn't!! Here is the link: http://joyfullyliving4jesus.blogspot.com/
    ~Tashia
    p.s. sorry if this sounds confusing!

    ReplyDelete

hey there. I love getting comments on my blog... a lot. I want to know your thoughts, and receiving messages from my readers makes me really happy.
but please would you
be polite • be kind • use no bad words
♥♥♥
thank you