1 Jan 2020

December Days | 2019

So here we are, on the first day of 2020. Wow, 2019 must have come and gone while I wasn't looking. It feels like last year's Christmas season was only a month ago- I'm continually marvelling at how time seems to pick up speed the older I get. But I am also learning more and more that there's no end to God's grace, love and provision, no matter what dark or scary place one might find themself in. He's the only light and the only hope, and throughout this year, I've been having full on prayer conversations with Him, asking Him why some things have been happening the way they have, telling Him I'm confused, breaking down in His presence, falling apart and then being picked up again by Him, being held by Him. I guess you could say I've been clinging to Him.

I will continue to cling to Him for this year and all years to come. And going into 2020, some of my heart's biggest desires are that He will teach me to be more grateful, more loving, and always prayerful.

But, getting back to the reason for this post- since I missed Five Minute Friday, I decided to compensate with something a little different. Below is a collection of snapshots/snap sentences of December goings-on. It's been a (long) while since I've done a month recap post, but here it is. I hope you enjoy it :)

---

this month, I've been...

+ celebrating the gift of Jesus Christ, our Savior, coming to this world

(one of my Insta stories during the week of Christmas)

+ doing loads of Christmas gift shopping (I absolutely love gift shopping! And the best part is that I have so many different people to shop for)
+ loving the warmer weather and the blue skies (Southern Hemisphere Christmas vibes)
+ having Christmas lunch with an abundance of friends and family (what a blessing!)


+ finally getting a new photo with all fourteen members of my family!



+ dressing up all vintagey for our themed end-of-year church function



+ celebrating my Nana's 70th and taking loads of photos while I was at it (how beautiful is she?)


(My Oupa giving his speech)


(They're the sweetest)

+ celebrating three of my brothers' birthdays :)


(Reilly, who is on the left, turned 11 on the 18th of December, and Levi turned 8 on the 14th of December)


(Jacob, on the left, turned 26 on the 8th of December. In this photo he is holding Benjamin, the youngest in our family, and sitting next to his girlfriend, Mamo. The three of them make for a gorgeous photo!)

+ swimming again for the first time in ages


+ going to the beach and on random walks
+ being extremely grateful for the absolute privelege of being able to purchase and enjoy my first camera (Canon 80D)

(Aaaahhh! You guys, this was/is my dream camera. Every day I wake up and I am still excited about it)

+ taking lots of photos of and with my beautiful family (you could probably already tell)


(More pics of the lovable youngest. He'll be a year on the fourteenth of February, 2020. Pure adorable)

+ being blown away by my chef sister's talent and creativity


(Cookies pizzas! You can't tell by the size of these pictures, but they were the sizes of actual pizzas)





(These two cakes were such hits! And the talent and patience that went into them is admirable)

+ feeling so thankful for my best friend and all the good things he adds to my life ♥


+ creating a fun, summery citrus pop art pattern for a challenge run by a company I work with


+ relying. On. The. Lord.

---

And...that's it. I had hoped to post this post yesterday already- since I had already written it and uploaded most of the photos, but oh well, it turned out to be my starter post for 2020. Let's do this year. I'm praying I'll keep up with the blogging, no matter the obstacles ahead.

But how about you? What was your December like? What are your hopes for 2020, and do you reckon you'll be writing dates down wrong for a long time still, or is that just me?

4 comments:

  1. Oh so amazing good things and beautiful photos
    God Bless this year to you darling
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that December was a great month, filled with family, friends and food. The cookie pizzas look so so yummy! Halfway through December I finished my last final, so I spent most of the month stressing out over essays and the later half of the month was filled with friends and food.

    Loren | plaidandsugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- it was! Yeah, haha.

      Oh ok, wow. Well done, you! I'm glad the latter half of the month was less stressful ;)

      Delete

hey there. I love getting comments on my blog... a lot. I want to know your thoughts, and receiving messages from my readers makes me really happy.
but please would you
be polite • be kind • use no bad words
♥♥♥
thank you