20 Nov 2019

Wednesday Words [7] - I Will Praise


Do you see, Lord?
In my weakness, in my fickleness
In my pain, my confusion
And in all of my brokenness
Can you see how the human in me
Is settling into stubbornness?
Can You reach me, please?
Cause this heart wants to sing Your praises
But all this doubt is crashing in
Can You please bring me back to my knees?
I know who I am and I know I’m Your child
I know the things You’ve done and how your might is endless
Remind me now in all of this darkness
You’re the same, yesterday, today, forever and always
Hold onto me because I don’t have the strength
Touch my soul again because my faith is trembling
Don’t let this heart grow cold
Don’t let it turn to stone
Pull me back towards You and Your fathomless grace
Thaw me with the warmth of Your glorious face
And I will stand here and I will praise
It’s a choice, it’s a decision, it’s an embrace
Let this be my stance and my song for all my days
I will fight this and I will fight it with praise

-t.h.
written: 20/11/19

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey there. I love getting comments on my blog... a lot. I want to know your thoughts, and receiving messages from my readers makes me really happy.
but please would you
be polite • be kind • use no bad words
♥♥♥
thank you