22 Nov 2019

Five Minute Friday [5] - Not Giving Up


Not giving up is difficult. And there are so many things I’d love to give up on at the moment, if I’m being perfectly honest. I’m weary of and irritated with myself. Every time I don’t get something right again, my heart feels a little heavier. I desire to see improvement and structured progress, but sometimes I just can’t seem to get rid of the short-term tunnel vision I have going on. My mind likes to think that getting through a day is enough for now at least, and I lose track of what I might need to still prepare in advance of the future. I fall behind.

However, I don’t have to focus on those things. I don’t have to try to find all I need in myself. If I thought that I did, things would be hopeless. If I relied on myself for strength and perseverance, giving up would be my default, not only a temptation. If it was just me, myself and I, there would be no will.

BUT. My hope lives. The Lord is fighting my battles, He is coming to my defence. He’s reminding me that I’m loved. He’s holding my arms up in praise towards Him when I am too broken or too tired to. He is MIGHTY. He’s carrying me in however many pieces I come in, and He’s making me whole again.

Not giving up is how I’ll live. Because my God is showing me how to.

---

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. / Isaiah 41:10, NKJV

2 comments:

  1. Greetings Tane, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.

    I relate entirely wrt the heaviness of not getting things right. And with the peace of Jesus working in us to present us faultless before the presence of His Glory with exceeding joy!

    I recently heard of a good description for this very peace.

    See the perfect you, for what it actually is, an idol. Smash it, and only look to Jesus to be like Him.

    So, the perfect wife, the perfect daughter, the perfect sister, the perfect artist, the perfect mother, the perfect author, the perfect cook....all to be smashed, and you to be free to be perfectly imperfect, created deliberately to need Him in every way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading them!
      Thank you. Yes, it's something that weighs on me often- and yet He is always opening His arms to hold me in His embrace and remind me that He is in control.

      Thank you so much for that comparison. I know I'm only replying to your comment much later than the day you wrote it, but wow, I needed to hear those words today. Thank you. You have encouraged me ♥

      Delete

hey there. I love getting comments on my blog... a lot. I want to know your thoughts, and receiving messages from my readers makes me really happy.
but please would you
be polite • be kind • use no bad words
♥♥♥
thank you