25 May 2018

A Letter to a Hurting Heart


Dear someone who wants forgiveness, but won't let themselves be forgiven,
God is ALL about second chances.

Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful." / Revelation 21:5

Take your pain, take your guilt, take the darkness you carry with you- take it all to Him. Lay it down at His feet. He is stronger than what you feel rising up in you sometimes.

Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. / Ephesians 6:10

Do not sorrow, the joy of the Lord is your strength. / Nehemiah 8:10

It won't be easy to walk this walk, to feel the groaning of change happening inside of you. Change hurts. It can be difficult to keep up with and new to your system, but it is more awakening than it is uncomfortable and more reviving than it is cutting. And change, when Jesus is making it happen, is always, always going to be good for your heart and those around you. He makes no mistakes, and when you feel undeserving or unable to understand, remember that.

Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. / Isaiah 43:19

God works outside of time and He's always had a plan for you. He's brought you to this moment and He has you where He wants you. Let go of the doubt, let go of whatever is behind you. He has forgiven you, and it is BEHIND you for a reason.

Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old. / Isaiah 43:18

Look forward. With the rising of the sun on a brand new day, you will see His mercies afresh, His love as constant as it always was.

And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love / 1 John 4:16

5 comments:

  1. "It won't be easy to walk this walk, to feel the groaning of change happening inside of you." That is a lovely piece of words. I am happy that you wrote this. I have felt a little distant from God lately but I am slowly getting back into the swing of things.

    We had a talk about prayer and how causal it can be sometimes but often times I just struggle to remember. That's a change I would like to walk through.

    Have a blessed weekend!
    Simply Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Vanessa.
      I am glad to hear that you feel you're back on track with the Lord. I know we all have those times when we feel more distant from Him, and our hearts don't take it well. We need Him.

      I struggle with the same thing. Prayer is our weapon, and it's good to remember that :)

      You too!

      Delete
  2. your words are truth.
    your words are pure.
    your words carry healing.
    your words have authority.
    you words are deep- as if they have been birthed from experience.
    your words are prophetic- they will carry.

    thank you for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, thank you for your very touching reply to my post. I appreciate you taking the time to read it and respond to it.

      Lots of love to you ♥

      Delete

hey there. I love getting comments on my blog... a lot. I want to know your thoughts, and receiving messages from my readers makes me really happy.
but please would you
be polite • be kind • use no bad words
♥♥♥
thank you