8 Oct 2014

your song

{Every bit of you is a wonderful, incredible piece to the puzzle of your happening. Your quirks, your flaws, your ups and your downs, the way you look, all of it.
And so, I want to see you be you.}

---

Look at her.
I listen to myself and glance at her.
Look how perfect she is.
It's true. Everything about her is so...perfect.
Why can't I be like her?


---

No. Stop thinking like that. Darling, comparison is the thief of joy. No one is perfect. Not even her.
But, that is not the point. We were not made to be perfect.
You. You can be yourself. You must be yourself. Because you do not know how lovely you are when you start being yourself.
 You are a gorgeous package - your quirks, your flaws, your ups and your downs, the way you look, all of it. God knew exactly what He was doing, when He made you. Every bit of you is a wonderful, incredible piece to the puzzle of your happening.
If no one ever hears it, how are we going to learn your song?
So put it on and turn it up, because I haven't heard that tune in a long while and my ears are craving that beautiful melody. Let everyone hear it. You have nothing to be ashamed of. You have nothing to hide.

24 comments:

  1. Tane, this is beautiful.. U blew my mind away!
    You made me feel so much more confident with myself in that small paragraph..
    You are so amazing, thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, June...your comment means a lot. ♥

      Delete
  2. This is what need to be told outside of blog-land, you did it marvelous. Thank you.
    Blog on // June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. June, thanks so much for your lovely comment, dear. xoxo

      Delete
  3. This is so true. Too often we think like that. This is a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Tane! You are truly an inspiration! I love your writing pieces. <3
    P.S. This really made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, Eve, now you've gone and made my day! Thanks so much. ♥♥ So much.

      Delete
  5. You need to believe this poem as well. Your gorgeous in every way,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you...are so uplifting and encouraging. Thank you, Aaliyah. xoxo

      Delete
  6. completely beautiful. I love how you made it into a song we need to be listening to. So creative and loveeee thinking of it that way! Your writing is so lovely as always :) keep writing for Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Liz♥ thank you very very much, your words touched me deeply.

      Delete
  7. This is absolutely beautiful and so true Tane! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was so perfect...I just...UGH! You've rendered me speechless!


    being-hidden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tane, I nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    Love
    Elzé

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post! xx Beautiful! :)

    Sammie
    sammiethestargirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. ~I know this is from ages ago but i needed to hear this today. I've been comparing myself to lots of people recently and have felt insecure. But this well this is amazingly beautiful!! It's really encouraged me :)
    thank you tane!
    nyah xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Nyah, you ARE beautiful darling! Thank you so much! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

hey there. I love getting comments on my blog... a lot. I want to know your thoughts, and receiving messages from my readers makes me really happy.
but please would you
be polite • be kind • use no bad words
♥♥♥
thank you