3 Apr 2020

Five Minute Friday [15] - A Thousand Summers



Seasons, they fall away from us and into one another
The summer sun relents to autumn's fiery display of colour
But it happens gently, as if they mourn each other
It's in how spring always seems hesitant to bloom away winter

This life is full of moments I don't want to let go of
And some that I thought would never ever come
The things we've yet to lose and the things we've lost
The growing pains of it all nearly renders me undone

But seasons, they arrive and take their leave 
and each carry with them a purpose
And the place we're in now, it can surely teach us
So like the leaves that fall, let this be thought reckless
But my heart will lie still in the cold, 
warmed by the thought of a thousand summers

-t.h.
written: 03/04/20

10 comments:

  1. Wow. I read it three times and I still don't have the right words for how much I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowowowowow Tane I loved this!!! Your writing is absolutely gorgeous. :)
    http://accordingtoisabellakate.blogspot.com
    -Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH GEEEEEZZZZ. tane, you've undone me. wow. shot to the heart. that last line pins it all down. warmed by the thought of a thousand summers. i'm screaming. always love your writing. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Cally! That means so much to me ♥

      Delete

hey there. I love getting comments on my blog... a lot. I want to know your thoughts, and receiving messages from my readers makes me really happy.
but please would you
be polite • be kind • use no bad words
♥♥♥
thank you