5 Dec 2019

Five Minute Friday [6] - Waiting on the Dawn


It's late at night or as the sun dips low in the sky
That my mind drifts to what has already gone by

The streets of this small town
I keep them beneath my ribs, in my heart
Every person I've ever let down
And those I've stuck with, from the very start

I'm someone who holds on for long
I don't ever walk away from anything easily
I cry long after the person I miss is gone
And I don't forget a face, not anybody

These tall and proud mountains that closely surround all of us
They echo lost sounds, glass dreams, and live, golden memories
I know they say the past is past, and to live in it is to distress
But every now and then I feel the past pick up, then fly by like breeze

Call it nostalgia, call it grief, call it something akin to pining
I keep all the recollections safe, in a cushioned and velvet little box
I take them out with care, I take out those dark, I take out those shining
I relive them, both the hurtful and the good, call it a paradox

But I look ahead as well, moving forward is to me no stranger
It's only that it's nice to go back once in a short while
Sometimes I want to stay, sometimes I want to dwell there longer
But whatever is ahead, whether it's joy or heavy trial

I know I cannot pause time, I know I can't give up or slow down
So I keep up with the changes, these turns, this frightening depth
Still all the while keeping what is no more in my arms, holding on
And facing the giants, taking small steps, taking deep breaths

And
Waiting on the dawn

-t.h.
written: 05/12/19

---

A/N: Okay, this one also took longer than five minutes. Maybe ten minutes in total, not including the tiny smidge of editing that had to go into it? Haha :)

May you have a blessed day, wherever you are and whatever memories or thoughts continuously run through your mind.

2 comments:

  1. <33 That's all I have to say! I love you. I have been going through a lost and even if these words make my chest hurt a little I love them for what they are and what they are telling me. I needed this so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vanessa! You've been such an encouragement to me in the blogging world for so long now. I appreciate you- thank you for sharing your true feelings. I'll be praying for your heart to be peaceful and strong ♥

      Delete

hey there. I love getting comments on my blog... a lot. I want to know your thoughts, and receiving messages from my readers makes me really happy.
but please would you
be polite • be kind • use no bad words
♥♥♥
thank you