1 Nov 2019

Five Minute Friday [2] - It Starts With Gratitude


Lately, I've been wondering. How often am I truly grateful for all that I have? When I'm told by someone that they love me, when I wake up in a healthy and functional body each morning, when there's a sunny and perfect day in a good week- do I praise the Lord for those things? Or do I take it all for granted? 

The truth is that there are many, many more people in much more difficult situations than there are people in good situations. There's so much hurt and pain in this world, there's darkness I haven't ever even experienced in a nightmare and there are people who are living through that darkness in real life. Why am I not more thankful? Why am I not more ready to help others where I can when I've been equipped to? Why don't I tell more people that there's a Saviour who loves them?

I pray and I hope for a radical change of heart. There's so much beauty and comfort in my life, but just a car ride away, there's the opposite and worse that others are going through. I pray that being someone who knows having enough, who knows love, who hasn't got half the scars others do- that God would make me willing to give all or any of that up for someone who cannot say the same, if He wills it.

---

Oh, give thanks to the Lord! Call upon His name; make known His deeds among the peoples! Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him; talk of all His wondrous works! Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those rejoice who seek the Lord! / Psalm 105:1-3, NKJV

For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more. / Luke 12:48, NKJV

---

A/N: What is something you're really grateful for today? What is the last selfless deed you can remember someone doing for you, or what is something you would want to do for someone else?

3 comments:

  1. It's hard to remember to be thankful in the good as well as the bad -- both are a struggle. I've started a gratitude wall where I post a post-it on the wall with one thing from the day I'm thankful for. It's helped in really keeping a good mindset!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true. Wow, that sounds like an inspirational idea, Kara :) I might just try it as well!

      Delete

hey there. I love getting comments on my blog... a lot. I want to know your thoughts, and receiving messages from my readers makes me really happy.
but please would you
be polite • be kind • use no bad words
♥♥♥
thank you