30 Oct 2019

Wednesday Words [6] - Anchor


My heart may feel like it can’t take another wave of pain
But in these dark waters I remain tethered to you, my Anchor
And I will find each new breath in your mighty name
Even if these currents are strong, I know You are stronger

When I fear I’ll drown it'll end up being my fear that drowns
You'll reach out with Your strong hand and You'll save me
And when others do I know You won’t ever let me down
For your love is a lifesaver and it holds me steady

So I’m held safe and kept warm by Your embrace
No one can pull me from Your arms and no one can ruin Your perfect plans
And when the storm comes I’m focussing on Your face
Because my treasure will be where my heart is and my heart is in Your hands

-t.h.
written: 27/10/19

---

A/N: He is our safe place. Let's set our sights on Him.

The Lord your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. / Zephaniah 3:17, NKJV

For where your treasure is, there your heart will will be also. / Matthew 6:21, NKJV

This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast. / Hebrews 6:19, NKJV

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Its so beautiful Tane.
    <3<3<3
    http://accordingtoisabellakate.blogspot.com
    -Izzy

    ReplyDelete

hey there. I love getting comments on my blog... a lot. I want to know your thoughts, and receiving messages from my readers makes me really happy.
but please would you
be polite • be kind • use no bad words
♥♥♥
thank you