11 Nov 2019

Five Minute Friday [3] - What is Bravery?


I don't consider myelf to be a brave person, although I do admire brave people very much. But what is bravery, really? Some will say it is essentially the same as courage, but perhaps it can be described from a different angle, rather than just giving a synonym. The definition of bravery to me has been made up out of bits and pieces of different people's hearts I've seen be put out on the line by them for others' benefits or sakes and not for their own. I've seen bravery displayed through both bold and loving actions, all ones worth being mentioned- but mostly, I've seen bravery be shown in altruistic ways. You see, I feel...

...bravery is...someone who commits to being an example of love to others even when it costs them big time, or a person who doesn't give up on a relationship with someone they love even when continuing to love that other person is more than difficult.

Bravery is when someone forgives someone else who didn't deserve it. 

Bravery is fighting for the truth and not giving in to lies or to the temptation of lying simply because it would be easier.

Bravery is someone daring not to react the way anyone else would when confronted with the biggest and worst problem or situation they've faced while living on this earth. 

Bravery is holding onto hope when, in many other's opinions, hope has left the building.

Bravery is found in kindness, in picking up the pieces of a mess someone else made because you want to save them from it, in taking the fall for another, in standing strong and tall for what is right, in deciding to love fiercely.

Bravery is found in Jesus' name. Bravery was Him going to His death for those who hated Him.

And that is bravery to me.

---

A/N: Okay, gotta be honest here. That one went a tad over five minutes, and I've posted it three days late, even though I had it written by Friday already. Oops. But it's funny- sometimes I'm glad for the five minute time limit because I struggle to line up my words right, and other times I catch onto something my mind wants to go further with and I just don't wanna stop writing. I guess this time was closer to one of those :) But before you run off, I have just one question I'd love to hear your answer to: What is one example of bravery that you have witnessed?

Now, of course, you're welcome to do as you please ;) Have a lovely weekend ♥

8 comments:

  1. I really liked this post! And that picture is so cool! ;)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. an example of bravery i've seen is those who are willing to sacrifice themselves in order to protect those they love.
    i love your exploration into the word here.
    -fern

    www.midnightonmymountain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a beautiful example, Fern...I can agree that that is a true show of bravery.

      Thank you ♥♥

      Delete
  3. Myself disappeared for a few posts (as you probably most definitely could tell), but now I am back to say this is absolutely gorgeous!

    Your writing is so beautiful and amazing and just AGH - how even do you do this, girl? Your definition of bravery is so great and amazing and I love this whole post! <3

    My answer : A friend once pulled me aside years ago and asked me for some help with one of her "friends." It seems this "friend" had decided my friend wasn't flashy or "good enough" for her, so she started shunning my friend.

    My friend (who's an absolutely amazing person, and I love her so much), being the great person she is, was never mean to this girl, and she went to people for help. Those people included me. I'm sorry to say I was too young to really grasp how the whole thing worked, and since I'm homeschooled and don't really run into this, I didn't know how to respond.

    I felt (and still do) like I let my friend down, but she obviously never thought twice about it. She obviously forgave me for my small mishap, and she also went on being herself and not giving that girl who was being mean to her the medicine we often think people like that deserve.

    She's truly a brave person, and I love her heart and miss her very much. <3 <3

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lily! I'm so glad to hear from you again. Thank you so much for your kind words about my post :) And I so appreciate your being willing to share a way you've seen bravery play out in your life. It's always a blessing to have a friend to talk to about these things and I'm sure that your friend was glad she could feel the freedom to talk to you about what she was going through. Sometimes just listening is the best thing you can do for someone!

      Thank you for stopping by ♥

      -T
      x

      Delete
  4. I love reading your blog. Great stuff. I am Following now!

    ReplyDelete

hey there. I love getting comments on my blog... a lot. I want to know your thoughts, and receiving messages from my readers makes me really happy.
but please would you
be polite • be kind • use no bad words
♥♥♥
thank you