15 Nov 2019

Five Minute Friday [4] - Before It Begins



As bright as the night
Is the truth in the words that come from your lips
As black absorbs white
Is the good in your actions and in your heart

I don't know why I listen to you sometimes and yet I do
It's like a bad habit I've got to kick
But I struggle to see past the mirages you present as true
And through all the shadows you hide in

But I stand against what you stand for
And I won't let you stay where you're not welcome
I may have fallen for all your tricks before
But this time the finish line lands before its start begins

-t.h.
written: 15/11/19

---

A/N: I think the devil's favourite move is to lie to us, something I've been realizing more and more lately. So when I sat down today to write my five minutes for this Friday, these words came to me. I've often struggled with the lies the enemies tries to throw at me and I've seen that my Christian family and friends do as well. He is the master of deceit, and the things he tries to tell us can sound so convincing...but we need to continue in steadfast reliance on the Lord, we need to be impermeable to the devil's lies trying to trickle in.

Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. / James 4:7, NKJV

I pray you have a day filled with truth and love ♥

6 comments:

  1. The devil's lies surround me and I am constantly remembering WHO holds me. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem hits so close to my heart. There are bad habits that I have and although I know that it can lead to failure it is so hard to stop and quit/

    Thanks for sharing this poem

    Loren |Plaid & Sugar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can absolutely relate, Loren. Thank you for sharing, and for taking the time to read my poem. We can do all things through Christ Who strengthens us!

      Delete
  3. Love this post. I'll be sure to incorporate this points in my new blogging journey. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

hey there. I love getting comments on my blog... a lot. I want to know your thoughts, and receiving messages from my readers makes me really happy.
but please would you
be polite • be kind • use no bad words
♥♥♥
thank you