15 May 2020

Five Minute Friday [19] - There For You




The answer, the words, they're there
I would snatch them out of the sky if only I could reach
What will it take to fight, to care?
As the darkness advances I am searching for a breach

Your heart is heavy in my hand, your eyes are foggy
So I will tell you about all the good and the right things
Because joy will triumph and hope is the enemy of lonely
And we will not cower from what tomorrow brings

The other side of this mountain is green, it's forgiving
I would take you there if I was strong enough to carry you
But until you're able to walk, 'til you're done healing
I will lay down at your side and point out the stars to you

I know I cannot hold on for you, but I can hold onto you
These shallow breaths you're taking are each a step, a move forward
Every second endured and every second won is a breakthrough
So until the way appears clear, until the lines are no longer blurred

I will be there for you

-t.h.

written: 15/05/20

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey there. I love getting comments on my blog... a lot. I want to know your thoughts, and receiving messages from my readers makes me really happy.
but please would you
be polite • be kind • use no bad words
♥♥♥
thank you