8 May 2020

Five Minute Friday [18] - A Child Again


To be like a child is to find joy in simple things. It's to believe without doubting. It's to trust without faltering. It's to feel free, to run full of energy, to jump the highest you can, to learn all that you can. It's being curious, laughing easily, sleeping deeply. It's being full of wonder, chasing butterflies, making mud pies without fear of getting dirty.

When I am in the presence of the King of kings is when I feel this way again. When I am reminded that I don't have to worry, I don't have to be anxious, I don't have to stress. I am His child, His daughter. He takes care of me, I don't have to rely on myself or anyone else to do that. I can leap and know He will catch me in His arms. I can pray sincerely and know He'll hear me. I can follow after Him, reaching for His hand, asking Him where we're going next.

To be His child is joy. 

It is feeling safe.

It is knowing true love.

I am grateful to be His child.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is so true Tane. Loved this. :)
    Hope you are doing okay in quarantine! (if you are still in quarantine.)
    http://accordingtoisabellakate.blogspot.com
    -Izzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Izzy!! Same to you ♥ Yeah, we're still quaruntinin' ;)

      Delete
  2. So beautiful, sweet friend. And so true! ♥ What joy to be a daughter of the King and find comfort and peace in Him alone.
    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kelly! :)
      Thinking of you and your family as well xx

      Delete
  3. This is the sweetest thing. <3

    ReplyDelete

hey there. I love getting comments on my blog... a lot. I want to know your thoughts, and receiving messages from my readers makes me really happy.
but please would you
be polite • be kind • use no bad words
♥♥♥
thank you