25 Oct 2019

Five Minute Friday [1] - You Are


I don't know what I'd do without you. You're that first cup of hot tea in the morning, you wake me up. You're that hug when I'm feeling cold and lonely, you comfort me. You're that random, unexpected compliment, you make me smile. You're that music, the kind that sings to my heart, you give my life a beat. You're that good book I can't put down, you are inspiring. You're that spring in my step after I've had a good day, you make me feel better. You're the colours splashed across the sky that my eyes never want to stray from, you are a rainbow. You're my favourite pair of shoes, you're always there for me. You are better than chocolate and you are even better than my bed. (Side note: my bed is really, really great) Do you even know how much you are to me?

You are the one wiping away the tears every time I cry,
and I cry easily.
Don't ever leave me alone.

---

A/N: Hi all! Wow, no one hears a thing from me in the blogging world for over a year and now there's been three posts here at Fith out of Ten in under two weeks? Haha. May it be a good sign :)

Anyways, this post is the start of another series I want to do, where I sit down every Friday and get myself to just write for five timed minutes without over thinking it, then title it and post it. It's a wonderful way of making myself write even when I am lacking inspiration or have writer's block and it's another way of helping me swing into a routine of regular posting. I owe the idea of 'Five Minute Friday' to Lisa-Jo Baker, another writer/blogger who came up with it and suggested doing this once a week. Her blog is amazing, even for younger people who don't have kids (she focuses on motherhood/parenthood) so feel free to head on over there and check it out.

Have yourself a lovely day, and remember to tell those who mean the most to you how much you appreciate them ♥

22 comments:

  1. So heartfelt and beautiful. <3 <3

    And that idea sounds so great! I should try it sometime. :D

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lily! Yes! It could become a productive habit, haha ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow Tane, this was really amazing. Brightened my day <3<3<3
    http://accordingtoisabellakate.blogspot.com
    -Izzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Izzy. I'm glad to hear that xx

      Delete
  3. so sweet and heartwarming. It made my day so much better. This is a really good blog series idea, five minutes to just write.

    Loren | plaidansugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Loren! I'm also loving the idea :)

      Delete
  4. Wow this is poetry & so pretty! Sounds like a great series ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVEEE!!!!!!
    That was beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply beautiful! You have such a way with words. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how descriptive and warm your words are - I'm in love!!

    Also, I love the Five Minute Friday challenge! I need more ways to inspire and motivate myself to write, so thank you for this post :)

    nicole
    www.wallflowerings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Nicole! That means a lot! xxx

      Delete

hey there. I love getting comments on my blog... a lot. I want to know your thoughts, and receiving messages from my readers makes me really happy.
but please would you
be polite • be kind • use no bad words
♥♥♥
thank you