20 Mar 2020

Five Minute Friday [14] - Qurantine Writings


Lately, whenever I write, even if I don't plan it or mean to, all that seems to come out is "Jesus stuff". So, yeah. He's got a hold on me. And I'm just so glad that He won't ever let go.

Fear. Humans are so susceptible to it.
Danger. Everyone wants to keep their loved ones from it.
Death. There are so many questions about it.
Darkness. Many feel trapped by it.

Truth? Jesus.
Way? Jesus.

Life? Jesus.
Light? Jesus.


Earlier today, as I sat outside and wrote, the Autumn sun felt wonderful as it fell across my face and body. Thank goodness for the beautiful weather that is making quarantine a bit less daunting.

At first, I started with a blank page. Then, I scribbled down thoughts and bits and pieces in messy handwriting, filling up the page until it looked like chaos. Fitting.

I didn't know where the words were going. But in the end, the last word was Jesus.

Jesus. End and beginning. Infinite. Again and again. Alpha and Omega.

Our president said this week: "This too shall pass. We shall overcome. We are South Africans." And maybe words like that will give some people temporary peace. But for me, the only true peace I've ever known is found in Jesus. The true Overcomer.

See what I mean?

The answer. The place where I rest. The One I call out to.

Jesus.

2 comments:

hey there. I love getting comments on my blog... a lot. I want to know your thoughts, and receiving messages from my readers makes me really happy.
but please would you
be polite • be kind • use no bad words
♥♥♥
thank you