31 Jul 2020

Five Minute Friday [23] - God's Plan > Mine



I'm a planner. Some more go-with-the-flow individuals may find a detailed plan too restrictive, too claustrophobic. And I can understand that, I suppose. But me? I thrive on order and knowing what to expect (I'm aware of how OCD that sounds, hah). I find just taking things as they come downright scary at times. Because those things can come at you hard and fast, blindsiding you. In other cases they practice subtlety, sneaking up on you but changing your life in their own way nonetheless.

And Change...well, Change and I have gone backwards and forwards. Sometimes I chase versions of it, thinking it's all I need. Other times, the majority of the times, I'm running from it before it even hints at coming around. Because I like to plan. And Change thinks plans are for suckers.

But no matter how many lists I write or how many plans I make, and regardless of whether I think I've successfully scheduled everything or whether I decide I'm going to go with whatever comes my way after all, the reality is that I'm not in control of what's going to happen. I can't predict how every next step is going to go, whether I'll embarrass or injure myself by falling hard or whether I'll find my legs are getting stronger and my resolve is getting hardier. I can, however, pray for the strength I need, the wisdom I need, the truths I need to be reminded of. I can bow myself in obedience to the God bigger than me, than this path and this journey, than all of everything.

And that...that sounds better than a plan.

---

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. / Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV)

---

So, my five minutes of writing on a Friday turned into a bit of a longer thing, as usual...but, thoughts? What kind of person are you, the sort who is more relaxed about what's up ahead, or someone wants to figure stuff out well in advance? 

If you're the latter, I can relate, and I hope nobody every throws you a surprise party that you didn't really want, or cancels on you on the night of a big event, or changes plans you'd been prepared for to plans that involve the unexpected- and I hope that everything you cook or bake comes out perfectly, that circumstances don't cause you to run late all that often and that the outfit you planned in your head looks exactly as it should when you put it on. But also, and most importantly, I hope that you find peace and strength in the Lord  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey there. I love getting comments on my blog... a lot. I want to know your thoughts, and receiving messages from my readers makes me really happy.
but please would you
be polite • be kind • use no bad words
♥♥♥
thank you