19 Dec 2019

Five Minute Friday [7] - I Know/You Are Mine



I know that you're clay, My dear
And that you have these many fears
But I am the mighty Potter and your Maker
I will never be your bruiser or your breaker

Take my hand and your heart and soul will be full
I know you don't understand My thoughts or My will
But I have never left you alone before
And I never will, you can be sure

I know that trust is precious, but all of yours is safe with Me
Your thoughts are anxious but it's only because you can't see
I'm building a home for you to live in, I promise you
One day your tears will dry and your pain will be through

I long for you to abide here with Me for time unending
I long to show you everything, from end to beginning
How My heart suffered and broke and wept for you
And how there is love in every single thing I do

So put your faith in me always, My child
I know that it seems it could be a long while
But I am greater than the world and this barrier of time
And your place with me is secure, for you are Mine

-t.h.
written: 20/12/19

---

Shall the clay say to him who forms it, 'What are you making?' / Isaiah 45:9, NKJV

But now, O LORD, You are our Father; We are the clay, and You our potter; and we are the work of Your hand. / Isaiah 64:8, NKJV

Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD,the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary, His understanding is unsearchable. / Isaiah 40:28

A bruised reed He will not break, and smoking flax He will not quench; He will bring forth justice for truth. / Isaiah 42:3, NKJV

---

A/N: Many a Christian reaches the point where they are just downright baffled at what God is doing in their lives. When it just doesn't feel like their spiritual battles are victorious or truimphant- when they start to wonder where God is in the midst of things- when they're confused about why the Lord is allowing certain things to happen- when they feel they are but a bruised reed, faltering and feeble. It's a hard, hard place to be. 

But there's only one way to hold on, and that is to trust in Him and His goodness. He is the same as He was yesterday, He is the same always. He is capable, He is mighty, He is worthy. And when darkness is threatening to suffocate, He is the light, He is the hand reaching down to pull you out of it, He is the only refuge.

Even when we can't understand and when we feel lost, He is with us then. He is molding us still. He is the only One to whom we can turn to.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved this Tane. So inspirational. I'm honestly just in awe of how gorgeous this is.
    http://accordingtoisabellakate.blogspot.com
    -Izzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Isabella! Your comments are always so sweet and kind. x

      Delete

hey there. I love getting comments on my blog... a lot. I want to know your thoughts, and receiving messages from my readers makes me really happy.
but please would you
be polite • be kind • use no bad words
♥♥♥
thank you